Mekong Delta attracts visitors by the mild temperature, beautiful landscapes, luxuriant fruit, floating markets, etc. and of course the hospitable people. This trip will definitely bring you the most relaxing moments.
The West or the Mekong Delta has made Vietnam an attractive destination, not only for native tourists but also for international travelers. In the Southwest, you can watch the sunrise with the sea waves on a deserted island. Or you can see the smile on the girl on the floating market boat. You will love watching the pinky bud lotus between the immense lotus field. At that time, you will understand why this is one of the must-see destinations in Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon is considered as the "gateway" to bring tourists to explore the western provinces. Because of this, many tourists come to the Mekong Delta by taking Saigon – Mekong Delta tours. Usually, a tour from Saigon to Mekong Delta takes 3 or 4 days.
Ho Chi Minh City
Departure: in Ho Chi Minh city
- Transport: Tourist bus + boat
- Time: 4 days 3 nights.
DAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY – MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO
- 07h45: Depart from Ho Chi Minh
- 08h00: Depart for My Tho. You pass through the area of Long An – Ben Luc – Vam Co Dong – Vam Co Tay.
- To Tien Giang, the visitor can have a break at Mekong Restop Restaurant.
- Arrive at My Tho cruise port, the travelers will cruise on the Tien River for a sightseeing for the four islets: Long, Lan, Qui, Phung.
- Sightseeing My Tho fishing village and other fishing villages along Tien river, Rach Mieu bridge.
- Arrive at Thoi Son Island. you will stroll on the village road, visit orchards, enjoy the seasonal fruits and listen to the music.
- Take a canoe to the small canal to admire the scenery of the river. After that, the honey bee farm, enjoy honey tea, banana nut …
- Visit Phung Cuong and crocodile farm. Furthermore, you can join the crocodile fishing
- Downstream of Tien River to Tan Thach Ben Tre. Try Ben Tre specialty coconut candy oven, traditional handicraft village, and rice paper workshop.
- Returning to the mainland.
- Travel by car to visit Vinh Trang Pagoda – Tien Giang ancient temple. Then continue the journey to Can Tho. You cross the bridge My Thuan – Can Tho Bridge.
- Finally, you arrive in Can Tho and back to the hotel to rest.
- Evening: You can have dinner on Can Tho cruise, stroll Ninh Kieu wharf and explore the nightlife of Can Tho people.
Day 2: CAN THO – CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – SOC TRANG – BAC LIEU – CA MAU
- After breakfast. There will be a car taking you to Can Tho River. To Cai Rang Can Tho floating market – the meeting place on the river to exchange goods on the river. Cai Rang is the largest floating market in the Mekong Delta. You can buy fruits at the river. After discovery the floating market, the car will take you to Soc Trang to visit Doi Pagoda, Clay Pagoda, Khmer Ethnic Museum.
- The visitors will have lunch at a restaurant nearby.
- Continue exploring Ca Mau and go back to the hotel to take a rest.
- Evening: traveler will have time to relax overnight in Ca Mau
Day 3: CA MAU – NAM CAN – DAT MUI – BAC LIEU
- Morning: Have breakfast.
- You move to Nam Can. You can visit the forest grounds by canoe, listen to story Ba Phi Uncle.
- Afternoon: Depart from Ca Mau to Bac Lieu to visit Diep Church in Ho Phong. Go to Bac Lieu (Bac Lieu province) to visit Bac Lieu dynasty house, the relic site of musician Cao Van Lau, the author of Da Co Hoai Lang.
- Next, you will visit Xiem Can pagoda and go back to the hotel.
- Evening: Have a walk around Bac Lieu at night.
Day 4: BAC LIEU – CAN THO – HO CHI MINH CITY
- Morning: Have breakfast. Departure to Can Tho and visit My Khanh Fruits Garden.
- Afternoon: Continue the route to Saigon. On the way, you can buy some local specialties: rice paper, spring rolls, fruit, etc. and so on. The car takes visitors back to the original pick point.
The following schedule is a plan for 4 days on Southern Vietnam tour. Mekong Delta will give you a lot of experiences which is worth to take Vietnam tours.
We wish you a pleasant and useful trip!